Ten things donations to Hiddush have already helped accomplish:
- Exposing the government's military service exemption reform and petitioning against the reform
- Reports about freedom of religion to the country in general and to the Knesset specifically
- Providing a a great deal of factual information about the rise in the number of Yeshiva students receiving military service exemptions, the number of fictitious Yeshiva students, and the Yeshiva subsidies
- Helping converts to Judaism receive Israeli citizenship
- Reports on gender discrimination, women on religious councils and the extremist statements of MK Israel Eichler
- The struggle to make sure that the massive building projects by Haredim in outlying areas of the country are accompanied by sources of employment and do not become poverty pockets
- Cooperation with diaspora Jewry for religious freedom in Israel
- The struggle, in coalition with other organizations, against income assurance subsidies and petitions against them to the Supreme Court
- Publication of statements, made by the great scholars of Judaism through the ages, against idleness and earning a living from Torah
- Exposure of the Haredi parties' "Mortgage for Every Yeshiva Student" program and the struggle for its elimination.
Want to help?
Donations to Hiddush are welcomed and will help promote religious freedom and equality in Israel.
Click Here to Support Hiddush
Or, send a check made out to Hiddush - Freedom of Religion for Israel Inc. to
Hiddush ℅ Gordon Silverman
3555 Oxford Avenue, #6G
Bronx, NY 10463
*Hiddush is a USA tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization.